In addition to above commonly recognized hyperkinetic disorders, there are various other hyperkinetic disorders which can be described based upon the movement characteristics. Most of these disorders are caused by various etiologies and can be managed by drug therapies.
- Tics: Involuntary abrupt jerk like movements which are voluntary
- Myoclonus: Sudden, involuntary and brief jerky movements of the body or specific body parts.
- Stereotypy: Repetitive purposeless movements
- Restless legs syndrome : Intense desire to move the legs often associated with uncomfortable sensations in legs especially in evenings/night
- Ataxia: Inco-ordination of limbs (drunkard like)